This course will run over 12 weeks and there are 15 places available and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The incredible years evidence based parenting programs focus on strengthening parenting competencies and fostering parent involvement in children’s school experiences, to promote children’s academic, social and emotional skills and reduce conduct problems. Group sessions focus on: strengthening parent-child interactions, nurturing relationships, reducing harsh discipline, and fostering parents’ ability to promote children’s social, emotional, and language development.
The programme is a 12 week accredited parenting course adapted for adoptive parents. This course is geared towards parents of children between the ages of 3 and 9 years old. The course helps parents to:
- understand the importance of attachment theory and its relevance to understanding the relationship with your child
- understand the impact of parenting style and capacity on the development of the child
- identify the intent behind a child’s negative behaviour, promotion of child social competence, emotional regulation
- understand the importance of play, communication, routines and boundaries
- improved parent-child interactions, building positive relationships and attachment. Improved parental functioning, less harsh and more nurturing parenting and problem solving
- behaviour management strategies which can be passed onto all adults that care for your child.
There are currently no dates for this group.